Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Finally


I for one am grateful to the Deity of my choice that this malarky is all over. It has been a hell of a long 2 years people.

I do have to say that the concession speech I heard From John McCain last night was thoughtful, sincere , and I walked away with the opinion that if he had been able to deliver that sort of speech during the campain , the outcome might have been different.

Might.

Who I voted for is not the issue, and no ones business but my own .

But I voted.

I do know more than one person who decided not to vote and at first , this really bothered the beejeebus out of me, and then I realized that that is also a choice. There have been elections where I have basically voted for the lesser of 2 evils...not this time..but it has happened and I think that for a lot of us , this option is no longer one we can live with. So I do in my own way get it.

I am more concerned about 2 wars, and the economy than who wears what and the breed of puppy our new President is going to get for his young daughters. I would hope that they consider adopting a puppy from the SPCA or better yet a no kill shelter.

At least it's over.

Have a good week.

Ciao,

Aunty Pol

2 comments:

Susy said...

I didn't think the end of the stupid campaign would ever come! Now we can get on with it.

Aunty Pol said...

Yeah..BTW...I love the photo of the lace crochet project...girl..you have some skills there.