Wednesday, November 12, 2008

It's been , well yeah that ..




It's been an odd couple of days here of late at the Casa.

Like many other businesses, SU's has begun to lay some meat sacks off. And by that , I mean that either hours have been cut for those who have no business being there at all and so forth , or they are just gone, Baby , gone.

Yes, it has been tense here.

Hisself , Gaia bless him is one of those who being of a certain age, know the full value of a real days work for a paycheck. He understands the give and take and the obligation one owes an employer, but he has only been there for 2 1/2 years and we all know how that goes.

The hard part is that he really loves this gig and wishes that he had found this 25 + years ago .

I am trying not to worry....FAIL !

Oh well....


On the lighter side, my youngest brother now age 48 is wearing glasses..( LMAO ..welcome to the club dear ) and seems to have finally grown up a bit. He and SU played golf last weekend and he came by....and the world did not end. He has the aches and pains we all have and has learned the value of civil discourse .

We chatted.

I told him that I am now at a place in my life where I no longer choose to participate in the arguements, and the angst. I will live my life as I see fit and it is what it is.

While there are issues with others, I have embraced live and let live, do not F with me and we will be fine.

It's just easier.

We aren't the Waltons .

Have a great rest of the week and weekend


Ciao,

Aunty Pol

No comments: