Tuesday, July 22, 2014

I Am Soooooo Excited.




I am so unbelieveably stoked , excited and twitching.


Back in 1983 or 1984 , I went to the Texas Ren Fes for the first time . I had been to others and for a very long time was an active member of the SCA. I encountered Real and Muffy just on the inside of the perimeter on the left and fell in love.

I had seen a couple of the pocket dragons at Ashley Avery and picked them up but had no idea that I would soon be meeting the creator .

Yep.


I'm a groupie.

A Real Musgrave dragon loving figurine collecting groupie.

I have never been a collector of anything really save unset cut gemstones ( that's another story ) so I actually bounced up and down on the chair in the den when SU found this notification. I suspect that since he has purchased tickets on line for this before that he is on their mailing list....score !!


Real and his wife live here  in Texas and he had to quit his craft a few years ago because of arthritus , I of course was broken hearted . And to top that off, the dragons have become harder and harder to find. The smaller pieces are sometimes available on Amazon or with a few smaller gift shops but for the most part what is out there I already have.

We have a few of the larger pieces that were the combo anniversary/Christmas gifts and they stayed in the house during the renovation last year.

One of my most prized Christmas / Anniversary  gifts from my husband  , is a large signed poster from either 1985 or 1989 that I held onto for ages just stashed away . . He had professionally matted and framed. It hangs in the long hall at the end just outside of the master bedroom. I have never really wanted to hang anything other than some of Reals artwork on the wall and so the walls save the one mentioned above are bare.


Not for long.

I have a friend who also has a few pieces and have offered to get her a signed poster that I will send off...we are small but mighty in our dedication to all things pocket dragony.

To see my obsession google Real Musgrave or Pocket Dragons.


Have a great week.


Ciao,
Aunty Pol


2 comments:

purplegirl said...

ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY POCKET DRAGONS!!! :)

Emily Frembgen said...

This is a great post, thanks for sharing it