Monday, December 10, 2007

A Rather Odd Day Or 3

It was an odd weekend, not bad per se, but different. For once Hisself did not have to go in to work.

Let me back up.

Friday night we went to Slammin Sammy's and for once , it was not the total pain in the ass that it usually is. I guess everyone was at the Mall...Oh Hell No. Other than the hatted one who insisted that he had the right to bounce a Wilson all over the friggan store, all in all not bad. I finally found the third pirates movie, damn you blue ray and off we went. Usually by Friday night , we are both just completely spent so this being the case , we zoned out watching " Las Vegas" . Note to who ever brokered the deal that brought Tom Sellick ( sp ) back to the small screen, Bless you , you are a prince or princess thus elevated far and above the common rabble. Since hisself was indeed in residence, we were able to go a couple of really big projects that I cannot handle alone. For Example, unloading the massive bookcase in the bedroom to straighten it out . Literally move the mofo . Since the books, roughly 300 of them were out, everyone got swiffered. I had forgotten that I has some first edition Marion Zimmer Bradleys, and did the happy dance .May she rest in the Hold of her choice, I'm assuming Benden Wyrr. I didn''t push it since I knew that he was tired and I can handle the rest of it while he plays goof. Still odd that he was home in the morning. Sunday the usual drill , but at least it is a bit more organized and there are fewer things that need to be done before the dinner party in January. Yes...the holiday dinner party will be in January, probably the middle, This is fine, everyones schedule is so insane this month that January works. For what ever reason, I do not feel compelled to trim the tree, and the decorations that I usually use on the windows won't work with the heavier drapes. I sure as hell am not going to try to move the new sofa my myself....oh hell no. He is fine being tree less and sans carpet monkeys of the biped order, there is no compulsion . Most if not all of the holiday shopping is done, I started early and have been putting things aside, the few cards that we send are for the most part done. We finally got a small case of the Brill and decided that for the Step Momma to donate to the charity my late father was fond of in his memory and then again to the USO. Done. Whee.

We had originally opted to get a new , larger flat screen monitor for the home PC as an anny gift, but with the looming vet bill for Gracie..or Jethro , the vet it is. Yes, we now have a 6 pack o cat. She is a Maine Coon , just like TJ, ( We Miss You Toodies ) and she was abandoned. Sweet cat took up residence with Sgt. Panda Pants and they get along so I'm guessing the gender since they don't fight. She will also be an out door kitteh so he will have a companion. The Casa is full now..anyone who knows us knew we'd take her in.

All in all , I guess that we are as prepared for the holiday as we can be.

I hope all y'all have a wonderful, safe and glorious holiday.

Be safe and happy.

Hug the person you love, be kind to those who either need it or don't deserve it, it all works out about the same in the end.

Ciao,


Aunty Pol

1 comment:

Susan said...

Gotta love when the purr people pick you. Congrats on the new addition! We have kids and don't have a tree up yet, so don't fret about decorations - you just have to take them down again, anyway.