Tuesday, February 18, 2014

I Seen To Be On A Chocolate And Coconut Binge

Ingredients

1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk

3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped into smaller pieces

2 cups shredded coconut (I used sweetened)

1 cup pecan pieces

1 teaspoon vanilla

dash of salt



Directions

Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.

Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper.

In a medium bowl place over a small saucepan of simmering water, combine the sweetened condensed milk and chocolate. Stir constantly over heat until chocolate is completely melted.

Remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients.

Drop by teaspoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheet.

Bake for 15 minutes.

Do not over bake, chocolate may burn.



I seem to be on a chocolate and coconut binge right now . You know how some times when you are looking at different recipes they are all the fad of the moment ? Quinoa, leeks, kale, browned butter and a new one I have to try...caramelized white chocolate ? Well, I seem to be finding chocolate and coconut .
Rough  life I know. These seem to be a lot like the homemade mounds recipe that I found on Janet Randolph's blog " Dying for Chocolate " but less work as they are a basic drop cookie.

Hmmm.....caramelized white chocolate...sounds pretty damn close to the seasonal white Frerre ( sp) Roche that I love..

I may have to play with this.


Ciao,
Aunty Pol

No comments: