Wednesday, February 12, 2014

This Is Gonna Be A Trip And Then Some



When Southside Johnny went on his road trip last year , he discovered Mr. Buffet courtesy of our step brother Jim. Now SU and Jim go way back as in " We don't need to graduate High School, we can just fire up and hang.

Well, my parents almost hung SU , thus began his brief career in the Army. After Mom died in 1981, nothing was heard from SOuthside for a long time and it wasn't until our stepmother died 2 years ago that SU and brother from another mother reconnected.

He returned from the East Coast with the brief beginnings of a yen to embrace all things Parrothead.

When SU and he met up in Nola as he made his way home , they partied as I knew they would and SU surprised both SU and myself with a taste for among other things Landshark beer.He had at this point gotten a tee shirt or 2 and a cd..if they ever post anything Buffet related as a Jeopardy category..boy howdy, he is set.

Fast forward to last week.

SU saw the ad , I did not for Jimmy's 2014 tour.He doesn't always hit H town but we do try when he does.

Let me out this another way.

SU has been going when ever possible since Jimmy played at Liberty Hall....his quote , not mine. I have only been going since 1988. I can only think of one time we actually walked Little House On The Prairie because the sound was so bad. Yes, I have missed concerts due to miss hap but over all , I am right up there .

I called Southside to see if he wanted to go and explained that we sit on the lawn on the hill, not the covered and he thought that was a great idea...then he proceeded to firmly advise me to not let this opportunity slip away.

" Dude..., Not our first rodeo."

He came over Sunday and started to yap as younger brothers are wont to do so SU simply went over to the bookcase in the living room and picked up all of the Buffet cs's that we had out and that hand full was a partial selection. We didn't ask if Southside wanted to see the books we have...why rub it in.

I pulled the trigger on the tickets pre-sale yesterdays online and it will be interesting to watch Southside.

Baby brothers can be a real pain in the ass..love them anyway .

Ciao,
Aunty Pol

*****

I just caught this error..sorry hon.

Our parents were  going to hang Southside and Jim..not SU as in Spousal Unit as in Husband..sorry 'bout dat.

1 comment:

Cara Horton said...

Great readinng