Wednesday, February 19, 2014

When Did Daylilys Get So $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$




I know it's my fault.

I KNOW , I KNOW , I KNOW .

We are having our false spring right now, at least I think it's false because we are still a week away or more from Rodeo and it's always rainy and cold down here for that not to mention we are a month away from Mardi Gras, so temps, in the mid 70's are nothing if not bizarre.

But.....................


I have this idea that THIS year I am going to introduce daylilies other than the standard everyone has them orange to the dedicated bed built around the bird bath ( note to selves , yes dear plural...we need to scrub that sucker out ....it's nasty).....so me being me, I have been looking for new pretty daylilies.

Is that even the proper plural of the animal ?

I hate blogger spell check...it sux.

Anyhoo..I started to look on the interwebs and OMG !

The really pretty variegated ones are starting at $21.00 for one friggan bulb.

ONE.

UNO .

A singleton.


BITE ME !



I know they come back and a lot of them ree-bloom but shite . I guess I need to pony up and decide a budget for this and pull the trigger on it , then step back , breathe and figure out what I need to replace in the pots on the deck.

SO far off the top of the ol noggin I know that I need the following :

Geraniums
Angelonias
Pentas
Coleus
Oxaia
Blooming Sage
Rosemary x 2 ( the smaller one is for Quintykins..my puppy nephew loves his rosemary)
Jasmine
Lavender


What I hope and pray will come back is :

Andy's Plumbago
Night Blooming Jasmine
Hibiscus
Mexican Flame Bush
Calla Lillies
Duranta
Gardenia
Swedish Ivy


And we still have roses to re-plant.


Huge Le Friggan Sigh.

At least tomorrow is Friday Eve.

Peace Out Y'all.

Ciao,
Aunty Pol

No comments: