Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Happy Post Easter Sugar Coma Y'all.



All things considered, it was a lovely holiday and by that I mean that I got the day off for Good Friday but sadly or not the spouse had to work. Now before anyone thinks that they are getting picked on, I also did 4 loads of laundry, hoovered, dusted and generally caught up on a lot of cleaning that I had put aside due to allergies..........and I ain't done so do not fuss at me.

In my ideal world, I would have been able to sit on the deck and read " The Mayfair Witches " all day by Anne Rice..and then been unable to breathe. SO I opted to stay in with the standard NCIS marathon in the back round ( so predictable) and tore into it. Granted , the house is a lot easier to manage with the wood floors, but that also means more to dust ( baseboards, crown molding ) and it the allergies are flaring up there is no way in hell that I am going to take that on.


The weather is nice for right now so I may be able to actually sit out on the deck to enjoy the solar lights that I finally got in the ground..yeppers...me...and I only had to have hisself relocate one.

GO ME !

One thing that I have also become hyper aware of is the price of beef right now .; Forget trying to even find a decent 6 lb roast...I know that sounds silly for just 2 people...leftovers/brown baggin lunch y'all . By the time we get home after work, it's literally 7 pm and  I sure as hell am not going to cook a full meal. Thankfully my hubby is self sufficient so I don't have to worry about that . I like to cook a big meal on Sundays and more often that not there is some sort of baking that has gone on so while it can be labor intensive on the cleanup,  it's right up there with digging in the dirt  as therapy for me .

Every Wednesday the local Kroger ad comes out and they had strip steaks on sale for $3.99/lb ,  marked down from $8.99/lb.

BAZINGA !

It was worth the time to stop the night the ad came out and I told hisself basically to spend ..oh $35.00 worth on it.  Now , because I am moderately OCD , I am one who will do the math to see what I saved. Yes, I hate, loathe and detest math ( just ask anyone who has every PBP'd or gamed with me..." GAH ! Resource sheets !  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ) . But........I am also the one who will do a happy dance to the tune of " $76.00 worth of steaks for $37.00 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

F Yeah I'm good.

Snoopy dance.


And no  , I am not one of those extreme couponers. I mean really folks, how many jars of Prego do you need ?  Isn't gluttony still considered a sin ?

Just wondering.

Anyhoo....the girls came over for Easter dinner because even though I told hisself it would just be the 2 of us,  it was a holiday and they had no plans and I am weak.

On the upside , the dark chocolate ice box pie was a winner.

On the down side, I only allowed myself 2 bites thus to avoid stomach issues..


I hate being a grownup !

Have a great week !

Ciao,
Aunty Pol


No comments: