Friday, April 11, 2014

Roasted Greek Potatoes 2.O



Lets try this again.

http://www.plainchicken.com/2010/07/roasted-greek-potatoes.html

I found this over at Plain Chicken and it is a much better recipe than the one that I have.

Rarely have I met a spud I didn't like...okay..AuGratin and Scalloped come to mind because the only way that I had them served to me at home was ala the Box Oh Betty Crocker .

Results:

1: Heartburn
2. Enhanced gag reflex in 3...2...1...

Hisself and I share a love of spuds.

Baked, fried, hash browns, roasted, mashed, boiled, tots...you name it , we nom it.

For years , one of our go to, okay to serve at the dinner party standbys has been the classic ( tongue in cheek ) housewives stand by.." Liptons Oven Roasted Potatoes  ".

Yep, guilty as charged ossifer.

We've tried variations and we are over all pretty happy with it but are continuously challenged.." How to get them crispy on the outside and soft on the inside without baking the living Jeebus out of them.

Mind you , this quest has in no way stopped us from making the damn'd things.


Anyhoo, I saw this on Plain Chicken and then it hit me.

Bazinga !

Bake them covered for 45 minutes and then uncover then and bake for 20 - 30 minutes more.

The old way always took longer than the " Bake uncovered for 20 minutes , stir to flip over and bake for an additional 20 minutes.

I have been craving lamb again and if I can find Lamb steaks down here..no easy feat I assure you , this is going to be my side.

Yum !

Ciao,
Aunty Pol

No comments: