Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Southern Style Quirks



The weather has been glorious lately. I mean to the point that you just  want to find a deck or patio about 2 pm and commence the ordering of adult beverages...or so I've heard.

Let me preface this post by saying that I do not wear street length dresses or skirts. I haven't work a traditional skirt suit since my fathers funeral, January 10 , 2004. I haven't worn a street length dress since Len and Crystal ( Hisselfs nephew and wifey) wedding.

I WILL NOT WEAR PANTY HOSE UNLESS IT'S BELOW FREEZING..AND ONLY IF IT'S GONNA BE FREEZING RAIN.

I do not wear anything but either pant suits or heavily coordinated separates for work attire  because I have some noticeable scaring and birthmarks ( Or liver spots the size of the Crimea...I kid...wink) so I cover my legs.I wear jeans on the weekends and save the shorts for yard and housework.

I have great colorful jackets from  Coldwater Creek and Chadwicks, cardigans and tank tops from Target ( their Merona amd Mossimo just rock out for price and quality ya'll) plus shoes, scarves and such so I am not at all adverse to wearing COLOR !

COLOR       COLOR    COLOR     COLOR    COLOR    COLOR !

And I think I am the only one . I kid you not.

Yes, Easter has come and gone and it's in the low 80's..and not raining.

LADIES...WHY ARE YOU STILL WEARING GRAY AND  BLACK AND BROWN ???????

Yes, I wear black and brown suits..but in the spring...I blow it the f up with color.

COLOR    COLOR    COLOR    COLOR.

Now I am not saying it's time to break out the white or bone shoes and bag, it's not the  Memorial day weekend to Labor Day period also known as SUMMER .

AND NO...nude color shoes and bag are fine now..they are NOT the same thing as white or bone.

This is the South...it's Spring...

Wear some friggan color, y'all are depressing to look at 5 days a week in this glorious weather ! Betty Crocker and I are the only two that I know of at work that constantly wear COLOR year round.

Maybe it's a redhead thing but I doubt that .

I'm wearing  a coral  jacket that is ombre'd with gold and purple tomorrow .

Tastefully with taupe dress pants and heels ..I am a grown up after all.

Grab your sunglasses because I am embracing SPRING !

Oh and for the record, if any of y'all can't tell which dress in the photo would be appropriate for work with a jacket or cardigan...we'll take that up another day , m'kay ?

Ciao,
Aunty Pol









No comments: