Monday, October 24, 2011

If It's Monday, It's John Barrowman TIme ~ But Wait, There's More !!!!




I just adore this picture .


Don't get me wrong, I love Eve Myles as Gwen Cooper, heart and soul I fan girl her....


But...


Alex Kingston as Dr, River Song aka Melody Pond would kick Gwen Cooper's ass then drag her off shopping .


Anyhoo..


It was an interesting weekend at Casa de Swamp.


The pc imploded for the final time so it was all gnashing of teeth for a while until SU comes home with a new pc .


I know, even after all these years , that man can surprise me.


Love the new pc, but re-loading all of the bookmarks is a pain in the ass.


I have found the easiest way is to mail the link home and then open it and book mark it.




On the other hand..


I have found myself increasingly unable to accept or tolerate poor behavior and or manners as I've gotten older.


This applies especially to family.


Family does not mean you get a free pass to be rude.




For the fourth time, I have spoken to the youngest brother and at the end of the conversation ( 4 x's now) he has indicated that he will be coming by the next Sunday to visit.
Since his birthday was last month, I had been promising him that I would make him dinner ( beef) and red velvet cupcakes, his favorites.


I know that this may not sound like a big deal and the first few times I blew it off because I know him , he does work 6 days a week and lives for football and beer.


In that order.


I texted him Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday to confirm and get a time frame.


No replies at all.


Now, he may tell me that his cell phone was low on money and so it is difficult to text reply.


Bullshit !


I know that he could have called from work.


Blowing me off again was disrespectful to both my husband and myself and just plain rude.


If you can 'at make it, had one ( or 6 or 12) too many beers, or just don 't feel like venturing out, hey that's cool...no problem.


But let me know , okay ?




I will make it clear, don't think of it or about it , come by or not !



Rude is rude .


You missed a fine steak dinner by the way Southside, you really did.




Ciao,




Aunty Pol

No comments: