Friday, October 21, 2011

Texas Politics






























The first picture is of the late and beloved journalist , Molly Ivins.

Her sharp eye and biting wit made her a virtual icon here in Texas and across the nation.

Never one to use a five dollar word when a quarters worth would do , her razor sharp observations elevated her to the Algonquin table , at least to me .

She gave the gentleman here in this post the nickname " Governor Good Hair".

She was practicing more self restraint that I would have in her place.


The second lady is the late and also beloved Miss Ann.

Miss Anne Richards.

Our former governor.

It never seemed to sound right when I would hear people correctly refer to her as " Governor Richards."

I always called her Miss Ann and I always will.

I happen to love this picture of her.
It shows her wide open sense of humor , especially at her own expense.

Yes, she is on top on a rather large motor cycle.

I don't know for a fact that she actually rode it , but I like to think she did.

At least she had the good sense to have a brain bucket ( helmet) with her.


And then there is the last picture.

Our current Governor and presidential hopeful in the 2012 election.

I could spend the next few hours writing about this shining son of the Lone Star State.

I will say simply this:


The two ladies knew enough to realize that you do not fire off a gun in the air like that while paying no attention to where the law of gravity might take effect.


I did not vote for the last Governor from this state who ran for the presidency, and as far as I am concerned his Momma should have beaten the crap out of him when needed..no matter his age at the time.


Most of us at this point are embarrassed at the thought of another Governor from this state running , much less being elected to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.


Trust me here folks..one was bad enough.


Have a great weekend.


Ciao,


Aunty Pol































No comments: