Friday, September 03, 2010

Bruce Of The Day ~ Happy Friday ~


Happy Friday kids.
No......I didn't fall off the face of he Earth.
I've had that Arbitration aka " The Circus" or TC all week and quite frankly it has been so stressful that I haven't felt like blogging, and if I had it would have not been pretty.
You see , it's not the "opposing counsel " that makes me want to go find some C-4.
It's our people.
I understand that litigators are a different breed.
I get it.
They thrive on the drama and all of that crap ..yada yada yada ..save it. I've heard it all for 29 years. That is the normal part. It's the other ...rudeness for the sake of being rude...as if that is going to make you a better lawyer who can vanquish the evil doers and arise victorious into the dawn of a new day.
And don't get me started on Princess Poodle this week .
I'd rather eat shards of glass...dry.
And among other things today...one of the operators just got a call from a courier service. They are attempting to deliver 2 boxes to one of our attorneys and the loading dock has informed them that they are not going to be able to make the delivery because the building is "closed ?" at 4:45 . Granted , yes this is a holiday weekend...but by Gaia..I'm here till the usual 6 pm..WTF ?
The gal that took the call is not one of my regulars so I called the building and said told a very nice gal what went on and she's going to look into it so I hope that the courier service can complete their mission....
The scope of my job just keeps expanding...ain't it grand ?
On the upside it is a bit cooler today and we may get some rain...of course we will. It's a long weekend and I plan to clean carpet...LOL...On the upside there is a new recipe that I am going to road test..beef braised in beer from PDub..and me being me it's gonna be Guinness. I'll let you know .
Have a great and safe weekend.
Ciao,
Aunty Pol

No comments: