Wednesday, March 19, 2014

New Pans Again And Something To Put In Them.




Yes, I did buy the larger size of the KA ( King Arthur ) bread pans because I needed them and damn it , I can so I did ...Neener Neener Neener.


Anyhoo, I thought I'd throw out this recipe for Chocolate Bread....yes....Chocolate and Bread..the world is a bright and shiney place.


Yield : 2 Loaves
Oven Temp : 325 degrees
Baking Time : 1 hour 20 minutes.

Ingredients:

2 1/4 C. All Purpose Flour
2 C. Sugar
3/4 Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
q1 1/2 C. Milk
1 c. Vegetable Oil
3 Large Eggs
2 teaspoons Vanilla
1 tablespoon Instant Espresso Granules dissolved in 1 tablespoon hot water ( optional )
2 C. Semi Sweet Morsels plus 2 tablespoons flour.


Grease and line loaf pans with parchment paper.

In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Using an electric mixer, beat the milk, oil, eggs,vanilla and optional espresso mixture. Beat together at medium speed  until well combined. In a separate medium bowl toss the chocolate chips with the 2 tablespoons of flour and add to the batter.

Spoon batter evenly into the 2 pans and bake until a wooden pick inserted comes out clean. ( NOTE..I use a metal kabob thingy because they are longer and easy to clean.)

Let cool for 20 minutes and remove from pans to completely cool on wire racks.

I know that the flour dusting of the chips seems silly and or not needed but trust me..they will sink to the bottom of the pans if you don't and will screw up the release totally. If you prefer to use cocoa , go ahead and toss the chips with that. Also, if you don't want to use parchment paper or have run out as we often do, you can use cocoa powder to "flour " your pans after you grease those bad boys down. I often use cocoa in place of white flour if I am using a Bundt pan.

Waving From Houston.

Ciao,
Aunty Pol



No comments: