Thursday, August 15, 2013

Lemon Chess Pie For A Rainy Day .

One of the things that I love about the King Arthur website and blog is that not only do they have steep by step REAL instructions with CLEAR pictures, they answer questions directly related to the recipe in comments with thoughts and ideas. Often when I see a recipe , I may post a question to the author and the resulting wait can be...to put it kindly tedious..which I get. The KA site supports a commercial enterprise and it is In their best interests to be  proactive...and they are just nice folks to boot.


Now, my spousal unit loves Lemon Meringue pie, and as I recall his late mama's was legendary, just below the beloved butterstick rolls she made and NO ONE can duplicate..trust me we tried.

I have a love /hate relationship with Meringue. I love them...they hate me.

I live in Houston, more or less. I live in an area known for its humidity. I have been here for 31 years and I have yet to get the $%^&*()_ Meringue to turn out right.

Le sigh.

Thankfully, we got some rain here today and it is gray and cloudy, a perfect day after temps that got up to 100 degrees , not factoring in the heat index. My brain shuts down if it hits 100 degrees. Yes, I leave the comfort of the a/c in the house to get into the a/c of the car then glide to the a/c of my office so it's not like I am working construction or putting down shingles on a roof ( yo0u poor bastards , here..have a Dr. Pepper ) but all in all , I'd rather be home baking.


Or visiting the inside of my eye lids.

http://www.kingarthurflour.com/blog/2011/06/23/lemon-chess-pie-lemon-lovers-unite/

Slap Mr. Linky for the pie/instructions etc.


Please excuse the typos.....Blogspot is being bitchy again.


Ciao,
Aunty Pol




No comments: