Thursday, August 01, 2013

Not That I Am Obsessed By Dreamsicles Or Anything ~ Thanks to Six Sisters And The Domesetic Rebel .

Orange Creamsicle Bars Recipe:



Ingredients:

1 (15 ounce) white cake mix

2 eggs

1/2 cup vegetable oil

1 teaspoon orange extract

1 cup white chocolate chips

Orange food coloring



Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 13x9 inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, oil and eggs until smooth. Remove half of the dough to another mixing bowl. In one of the bowls, add orange extract and food coloring , and mix together until you reach your desired shade of orange. Drop alternating spoonfuls of vanilla and orange dough into the prepared pan. Press dough evenly into the pan. Sprinkle white chocolate chips on top and press them into the dough. Bake for 15 minutes, or until cooked through. Cool completely and cut into bars.



(Recipe from The Domestic Rebel)



Since both the pc at work and blogger are acting all wonkified , I may have to tweak this from the Casa. Anyone who knows me knows I love, love , love Dreamsicles. I was overjoyed when BlueBell came out with their version and dayum, it is good. I posted last year about a hard to find soda that I got a hold of ( only one dayum bottle ? Really ? ~ I even sent y'all the recipe I used to make the variation on the 7 Up Bundt cake with nary a reply ) ...moving on....

I saw this recipe on the Six Sisters blog and they referred me back to the Domestic rebel for the original recipe which I had to put here...yes I know it's too bloody hot to bake but that does not stop my OCD about it in any way...what passes for Fall will be here soon enough ( Please Bast ) so I envision some wonderful weekend when I can do this...I live a rich and colorful life...in my head.


Happy Friday Eve.

Ciao,
Aunty Pol

No comments: