Wednesday, June 11, 2014

You Named It What ? Is That The Best You Could Think Up ?



Every once and a while , I run across a recipe that is stooopy easy.

I mean , stooopy easy .

But then I really had to sit and ponder the title of this recipe.

" Dutch Babies ".

Um....err.....why ?

I may or may not want to google this .

Anyhoo , without further delay, grab your cast iron skillet kids.


Dutch Babies .

Serves : 2

Ingredients:

2 Eggs
1/2 Cup Milk
1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour
1 Pinch Ground Nutmeg
1 Pinch Salt
2 Tablespoons Butter
2 Tablespoons Confectioners Sugar  for dusting.

Directions :

1. Place 1 10 inch skillet inside oven and preheat to 475 degrees F...YES ...475

2. In a medium bowl, beat eggs with a whisk until light, add milk and stir .Gradually whisk in flour, nutmeg and salt.

3. Carefully remove skillet from oven and reduce the oven temp to 425 degrees F.

4. Melt butter in hot skillet making sure that the inside of the skillet in completely covered in butter .

5. Pour all the batter into the skillet and return skillet to the oven.

6. Bake until puffed and lightly browned , about 12 minutes .

7. Remove promptly and dust with confectioners sugar.

Now personally, I might replace the powdered sugar with some heated marmalade or some thinned out Biscoff on the side as a dipping sauce..but that's just me .

Ciao,
Aunty Pol



1 comment:

Erin said...

Yum! This looks delicious! I 'll have to google the name though, I'm a creature of curiosity!