Thursday, October 19, 2006

I'm having a bit of a problem here peeps

I'm having a bit of a problem here peeps.

Growing up in the military, we knew that usually Daddy was off doing something. We never knew quite what when he was on the boats. You learned not to ask. And you learned that you did not discuss it. Usually we lived in neighborhoods where there were other familys in the same situation so it was kinda normal.

My SIL told me the other day that my beloved younder brother needed a new bike tire .

WTF ?

Evidently my brother who is you know where rides a bike around the base.


WTF ?

The paperwork to get a Hummer is that harsh ?


WTF ?

I have been having nightmares about a Schwinn and an IED .


I know my brother is an extremely smart man. I consider him my best friend. This is so wrong in so many ways , I can't see straight.

I try not to think about where he is. I don't really discuss it with his wife and son for fear we will fall apart. They don't need that ....I can't handle it.



My brain now has this picture of my brother blown to bits on a bike.

I do not believe that I have ever been this angry.

We support the troops but not this war.



And my bubby is on a frakkin bike.




I cannot express the admiration I have for my SIL.




She has had the good grace to keep it honest and real and to reach out to others like Susan and friends to help them.

And my brother has to ride a bike because of paperwork.


Calling Shennagins on this one.


Peace out


A very angry Aunty Pol.

4 comments:

Susan said...

A lot of the guys ride bikes around in the "off" time. If they are riding bikes on missions, then that's something that his commander decided, and isn't right. Not that they should be there, anyway. Hopefully he comes home soon.

Aunty Pol said...

From your mouth to God's ear.

Hugs to you n Glen.

I don't know of it is off time or missions. It's the whole idea of it all.


Aunty Pol

Susan said...

Trust me, I understand.

liberal army wife said...

sweetie. NO IEDS on base. ok. take a breath. He's riding a bike so he doesn't have to walk all way from where he sleeps to where he works. His mission doesn't involve riding around. he's chairborne, remember?

And yes, the paperwork to sign out a humvee every time he wants to go anywhere is a giant PIA