Monday, April 18, 2011

Kroger Has Lost Their Minds !






I told SU that I wanted to do a brisket in the oven for this coming weekend . The recipe is super easy .Trim the excess fat off your brisket, Take the brisket and slap some worchester sauce, liquid smoke, garlic powder salt and pepper on it. Cover it at let it sit it the fridge overnight.


Take a large throw down aluminum pan and place the brisket in it, slap a jar of Stubbs BarBQ sauce over it and bake low and slow at 250 degrees about one hour per pound.


When done, let it rest...slice and dig in.

SU will chop up a bunch of this ala sloppy Joe-ish and add more sauce as needed.

Sammiches done in one as they say.


The problem ?


Intrepid husband made a smallish grocery run and I promise you I am not making this up.....KROGER WANTED FIFTY FRIGGAN DOLLARS for a 10 -12 lb slab o beef.

I almost fell over, then I told him to get his butt to Slammin Sammys.


Better at 1.98 per lb for a 10 - 11 lb slab o beef ( $23.00 total) but still..

Sheesh.


I will be putting the recipe up with the actual ingredient amounts at Tasty Kitchen so stay tuned .

Have a great week.

Ciao,

Aunty Pol

No comments: