Friday, September 11, 2009

Hard To Believe It's Been A Year Already !


It's so hard to believe it's been a year already.
Those of us who were here are for the most part going to avoid all of the news etc that they are surely going to air...it's still too hard .
I can tell you for a fact that the area that SU and I live in , which is by IAH was some of the hardest hit on the east side...and we are about 60 miles or more from the island. Our next door neighbor..not the NG's , the other one...aka Bat Shit Crazy...lost her 40 + year old eucalyptus tree..wham...right into the street.
Yes, we can track them, and we do and no...this was not my first time at the Rodeo, I was here for Alicia in 1983.
SU's lived here all of his life...
But this one scared the crap out of us.
And for the love of all things holy..do not remind me or anyone else for that matter of the days without power.
It was 11 days for us.
Ciao,
Aunty Pol

No comments: