Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A Skillet , A Battery and Me ~ !



I don't have a cast iron skillet yet...but I will.
Soon , very SOON !
I don't care if I only can use it in the oven since we have a glass cook top.
I DO NOT CARE !
If we have to buy a thrice damn'd battery, alternator belt and alternator, I can get the Blasted Skillet..and trust me..,the enamel dutch oven ain't far behind.
I am so trying not to be pissed off...I really am.



I know....EPIC FAIL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
F'g Epic !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Keep scrolling for recipe.







Apple Cake in an Iron Skillet Adapted From Sara Moulton and Ree Drummond - The recipe can be found on :





4 to 5 small Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and cut into six equal slices
1 3/4 sticks butter
3/4 cup sugar

1 stick butter
2/3 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
2 large eggs
1/2 cup sour cream
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 small Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, and chopped finely

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

In a 9 to 10-inch skillet, melt butter over low heat. Add 3/4 cup sugar to the pan and stir around, then place apple slices, wedge side down, in the pan. Don’t pack them too tightly, but try not to leave overly large gaps. Allow this to cook over low/medium-low heat while you make the cake batter.
In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat 1 stick of butter and 2/3 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in vanilla and eggs. Add sour cream and mix well. Gradually add flour mixture until just combined. Gently stir in 1 chopped apple.
Remove skillet from heat. Spoon batter over the top, then spread gently so batter is evenly distributed. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until cake is golden brown and bubbly. Allow cake to sit in skillet for five minutes, then invert onto a serving plate. Don’t worry if some of the topping isn’t perfect—it’ll taste perfect!
Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
Ciao,
A Grumpy ( hey..I can be grumpy if I have to spend this kind of $$) Aunty Pol

No comments: