Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Yep..Klutz's are " US" or I should say " Moi"


I am the poster child for the need for home owners personal stupidity injury insurance.
Why yes indeedy , I am.
Perfectly good weekend all in all.
MIL came thru surgery fine and was resting comfortably . SU went over to visit his Momma and so on and so forth.
I cleaned house when not playing Mafia Wars..hey....at least I'm honest about it.
I'd been craving real spinach fettuchini badly.
REALLY craving it.
Not that easy to find at Kroger...regular Barilla ..no prob.
Tons of it .
Spinach...not so much.
SU comes home victorious, let the drooling begin.
I had two large baked lemon-pepper chicken breasts left over so of course the rudiments of a meal are taking shape in Pol's noggin.
I had one idea then he trumped it with Alfredo.
Alfredo is stupidly easy to make.
Cream, butter and parm.
We wolfed down a huge serving ..lemon pepper chicken in the spinach Alfredo was to die for....little did I know......
Not a good idea for those with lactose or IBS issues
DUH !
As luck would have it , the springs on the dishwasher door hinge also broke and so it was umph the door.
There I was loading the dishwasher when the cramps got uber intense.
Guess who forgot the dish washer door was open and down....
Yup
Smacked that Mo Fo in the same exact spot on the same exact leg that I tore the shit out of in January..
There she goes..one legged gimpin it down the hallway to the WC , blood trail in tact.
It's not a weekend if I am not leaving my DNA somewhere in the Casa.
Ciao,
Aunty Pol

3 comments:

HubbleSpacePaws said...

Tears are coursing down my cheeks I'm laughing so hard. Yeah, I'm having a fine old time over your misfortune! I'm properly ashamed, mind you, but good grief, I'm only human!

Glad to hear MIL's surgery went well. Figured you and SU were tied up with the family over the weekend. Welcome back!

Aunty Pol said...

That's ok babe,,when I do this sorta shit I have to laugh too..now..what you know about the care of enamel covered cast iron...m'kay.

I promise to try to not drop that shit on my toes, cook top or feets.

LMAO

purplegirl said...

Oh man, that sucks. :) I have perpetual bruise in several places where I'm constantly running in to stuff at work, so I know what you mean!

Glad things went well with the MIL.