Thursday, December 23, 2010

Gingerbread Bundt Cake


By now everyone knows of my love for all things on TK ( Tasty Kitchen). I check it out every day, archiving recipes to my recipe box and generally worshiping at the collective feet of these amazing cooks and their posts and or blogs. Occasionally I get a friendship request which I usually accept without qualm because this is a nice little site devoted to cooking and it's creative genius Miss Ree Drummond...aka Pioneer Woman.
Today I got one such request and I accepted it . I looked at the nice gals blog roll that she follows because I find this often gives me a clue as to whether I want to follow her...do we have common interests and similar senses of humor ?
My blog could and most of the time is not for the faint of heart..I make no apologies..as friends have said " It's just like any conversation we are having.." so I never know who will read this or not. The majority of blogs that I follow have eleventy eight bazillion followers...my crew is small but we are mighty by gawd.
I know..is there a point to this post you are asking ??
Why, yes there is.
There I was hopping over to this blog I saw..the name was too cute not to check out:
Low and behold there was a recipe for Gingerbread cake...in a bundt pan.
Now all y'all know I love to use a bundt pan and I love anything with Brer Rabbit Molasses...no other brand will darken my pantry...Brer Rabbit or nuttin.
So..here, from ButtercreamBarbie and Fannie Farmer is:
Sour Cream Gingerbread Cake:
Yield : 1 10 imch Bundt cake
1 cup butter ( 2 sticks )
1 cup sour cream
2 c. sugar
1 c. molasses
4 eggs
3 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp. ground ginger
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. cloves
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Butter and flour a 10 cup Bundt pan.
Cream the butter and slowly add the sugar, beating until light . Add the molasses and sour cream and blend well. Add the eggs, beating until well mixed. Mix together the baking powder, soda, salt and spices. Add tot he first mixture and beat until smooth.
Pour into the pan and bake for 40 to 50 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
Note: I use a metal grill skewer to test Bundt cakes..it has a better length for accuracy in a deep pan.
I have the Nordic castle pan and I think that it is a 10 cup..that will be the one I use.
Enjoy.
Ciao,
Aunty Pol

No comments: