Saturday, February 12, 2011

Help


One of the hardest things to do in life is to ask for help.
We all feel like it reduces us somehow, it shows weakness or a flaw within us .
Nothing could be further from the truth.
More often than not, we tend to go to those who we feel will help us out.
After all...think about it... you don't go to someone or some place that will shoot you down, do you ?
The hard part is accepting that in asking for help, you have given the askee a chance to do something good, something positive in their life.
That is a gift and it is a huge one.
Some cultures or religions call this Karma.
Others like myself call it being a decent person .
Southside Johnny called me tonight.
He had just started a new job recently and with the cold weather , he unfortunately had come down with some sort of flu .
He worked a day sick, and then took the next day off.
Common sense says send the sick person home before they infect the whole office .
When he returned to work, they decided he was not a "good fit" and they let him go.
It should be noted that this is a commission job.
He is gifted at his line of work and they really, really lost what could be considered an asset for their company, even though he told me tonight on the phone that he googled this company...and they were " shaky at best."
I could tell that this was a hard call for him to make tonight .
I truly believe that if the positions were reversed, and he had the ability , he would be there for us and would help us.
If something happened to my husband, Gaia forbid, he would be the first one I'd call and he would be there for me.
We are family.
I love you Southside.
Ciao,
Your Older sister.

No comments: