Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Rosemary Honey Chicken Slow Cooker Style


SU may be right that I am becoming obsessed with my slow cooker and dutch oven. This will probably change once the weather gets warmer due to that lil boo boo with the house...sigh.
Anyhoo, it seems that the Rosemary in the clay pot on the patio isn't ruined....yet....so I think I'd better get off my voluptious ass and use the Rosemary.
Next up in the crock pot will be this recipe , what can I say. I love honey on chicken..hey...don't judge...have you ever tried honey on Church's fried chicken...be daring...go for it. And..both Jere Lee and SU prefer dark meat on chicken because it really does have more flavor and chicken thigh are cheap !
Rosemary Honey Chicken With Yukon Gold Potatoes.
Serves :6
Prep time: 20 minutes
Start to finish : 8 hours, 20 minutes ( may vary due to slow cooker setting for cooking temp) .
Ingredients:
12 skinless bone-in chicken thighs ( about 5 lbs)
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 pound baby yukon gold potatoes
2 medium onions cut into thin wedges
4 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup honey
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 tablespoon coarsely chopped rosemary plus sprigs for garnish
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
Directions:
1. Rinse chicken and pat dry. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over moderately high heat. Add the chicken and cook turning until brown on all sides about 8 minutes.
2. Place the potatoes , onion and garlic in the slow cooker and top with the chicken.
3. Stir together the honey, lemon juice, cornstarch, rosemary salt and pepper in a small bowl . Pour over the chicken . Cover and cook chicken 6 to 8 hours on low or 3 to 4 hours on high.
Serve garnished with rosemary if desired.
This weekend, I think I will see if we are all actually going to be there for dinner before I start the slow cooker...nuff said.
Have a great week.
Ciao,
Aunty Pol

2 comments:

kleinwort said...

Humans after my own heart. Thighs are my favorite part of the cluck, too! Looks marvelous!

If your rosemary goes toes up, try the ARP cultivar. Mine survived last winter with 40+ inches of snow on it. I've had ARP at 3 homes (I guess for about 20 years or so by now) and not one of them has ever suffered from winter kill.

kleinwort said...

I take that back. It didn't survive, it thrived. I've had to prune the darn thing back vigorously lest it take over the herb bed this year.