Thursday, July 30, 2009

No..I Do Not Have A Soap Box

I just recieved this at the office and it is not SPAM. I have tried to keep this blog non political if for no other reason than the fact that there are far better ones out there, written by brilliant minds...but this is something I care very much about, so there you are.




Dear ****

With the Congressional recess just around the corner, your member of Congress will return home this week for the month of August. That means you could have the opportunity to meet face to face with your legislator or their staff to urge them to support "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" repeal by becoming co-sponsors of HR 1283. We need to reach 218 co-sponsors, and we need your help.



Schedule an in-district meeting with your member of Congress:



http://www.sldn.org/6060



If your legislator is already a co-sponsor of HR 1283, encourage your friends in other states to schedule meetings with their lawmakers:



http://www.sldn.org/cosponsor



With the possibility of DADT hearings in Congress this fall, now is the time to engage and keep up the pressure on our elected officials. Your involvement has helped build new momentum for repeal. Since we launched our 60/60 Initiative two weeks ago, we have picked up three additional co-sponsors for a historic total of 165. Your support in the days and weeks ahead will be critical on the road to 218.



http://www.sldn.org/6060



Thank you.



Aubrey SarvisExecutive DirectorServicemembers Legal Defense Network

2 comments:

kleinwort said...

I didn't comment the other day becaue I was grrrring... and that's usually not the best time for me to write.

I just deleted a rather long rant, so I'll just say, thanks for the posting!

Hugs,
Lisa
(posting under my "other" name)

kleinwort said...

Oh, and I'll be writing my congressfolk! Again!