Thursday, January 14, 2010

One Less Thing To Take Care Of


Well so far today , it's been a rather odd day here at DAH FIRM.
It's been one of those days where folks are just sort of goofy. It makes me wonder if they amp'd up the Klonopin in the water -:)
Not that I am complaining mind you, it sure as hell beats " Mazel Tov , Grumpy Butts ".
But still , for a Thursday and a rainy one at that....
I suspect that there are quite a lot of people that are going to be out tomorrow in order to grasp a full FOUR day weekend.
Go for it.
I am.
I'll start the laundry tonight after a mini Kroger run so that I can get a head start on stuff before the dinner party.
We have a system.
Since everyone adores the crab cakes, and SU does a wonderful job with them, he will be doing them. Our kitchen is a galley style and we have found that over the last 20+ years that the only sane way to operate is to have one person at a time in the kitchen....especially for a dinner party.
Thankfully the kitchen , dining room and living room are a basic great room open floor plan so he can cook and yak and so on and not be cut off. The prep work will take place after he gets home tomorrow so it works out.
I will spend the day cleaning and preping the table linens and policing the latest spot that my " child " has decided to decorate the carpet..." Urp Fest 2010" ..I know...I know...but they are what they are and thank Gaia for carpet cleaners...you betcha.
I know that it sounds like a lot of work, and these are our best friends , but I have certain standards that SU has learned to initially accept and then expect...and that's just the way it is.
We're all grown ups and even tho there will be wine a-flowin...it's not like we are going to trash the joint.
He cooks....I clean...and we all act like it's a last supper .
And I am cheating this year...the above photo is of the dessert...from French Gourmet Bakery.
They call it their " Chocolate Mousse Cake".....I prefer death by chocolate.
I will post Bruce of the day when I take a break.
Have a great weekend /holiday.
Ciao,
Aunty Pol

No comments: