Monday, November 29, 2010

Monday Monday


Happy Monday y'all !
I am a happy girl because I found the replacement piece for my Noritake China boat...the irony is not lost here by the way.
I inherited my mothers china when she passed away in 1981 and of course it is now a discontinued pattern..see honey...it's not just the Pfaltzgraff we originally picked out either ..( also discontinued..of course). Over the course of three children( my brothers and I , not SU's and mine BTW ) and many years, parts of the set were broken....set being the operative word because my mother Betty was apt to buy the whole damn set as she well could..whether Daddy could afford it or not...In all fairness , he was just as likely to say.."Oh hell Bess..go ahead and buy the complete set..". He was that kinda guy.
I use the china , not as often as I would like and I think that I will be breaking it out more because after all..what's the use of it sitting in the china keeper cover thingys anyway if not to be used .
Just sayin.
Anyhoo...SU determined a few years ago that I have inherited the " Must find the PROPER bowl/plate/ server " for the item to be served..ie " Now that's the right /correct bowl for the mint jelly..."
Yup.
Not from my late mother bear in mind...from my father .
Genetics.
Do I need the gravy boat?
Yup.
Is it outrageous in it's price ?
Nope.
Will it make me feel better?
OH HELL YES !
Have a great week.
Ciao,
Aunty Pol

No comments: