Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Legally Sanctioned Cake for Breakfast !





I love the recipes and the photo's...the brightness of it all is sooo freakin cheery that it cheers me up on days when I need it rather than annoying the krep out of me...hey it happens to all of us , right ?



Anyhoo...Bridget grabbed my attention with the phrase " Legally sanctioned cake for breakfast." My kind of gal.


Can you tell I'm waiting to go to lunch ?


Yep.


Onward to the recipe.



Triple Chocolate Muffins from Bake At 350 .



1/2 cup ( 1 stick) salted butter

1 3/4 cup ap flour

2/3 cup dutch process cocoa ( she recommends Hershey's special dark btw)

1 1/4 cup sugar

1 tsp. instant espresso powder

1 tsp baking powder

1 tsp baking soda

3.4 tsp kosher salt

1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips

1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips

2 eggs

1 cup milk
2 tsp vanilla extract

2 tsp white vinegar


Pre heat oven to 425 degrees .


Line a muffin tin with paper liners and spray lightly with non stick cooking spray ( I use Pam)


Melt the butter and set aside to cool.


In a large bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa, sugar, espresso powder, baking powder, baking soda , salt and chocolate chips.


In another bowl whisk the eggs,milk, vanilla and vinegar until blended then add the cooled butter , stirring to combine.


Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix with a rubber spatula until just blended.


Spoon evenly into the muffin liners, note..the cups will be very full.


Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until the muffins spring back when pressed with a finger, cool on a rack for 5 minutes.





Inhale while warm..I added that part just because it's what I do .



Heh..oh girls....I think I have brekky covered for the weekend.


Ciao,


Aunty Pol

No comments: