Friday, May 27, 2011

Bruce Of The Day ~ Happy Friday ~


Happy Friday kids !

Since this is a holiday weekend , I decided to post the usual Bruce in his characters uniform.

Before we go any further, I want to address something.

It's Memorial Day soon.

No....I refuse , unlike others to lecture anyone on the proper way to observe the holiday. We are all adults and it is not my place in life to go off on a tirade about the purpose of the holiday , or the current military situation or the 2 wars we are currently engaged in.

There is quite enough of that all over the innertubes lately in one format or another and I am weary of people lecturing others no matter how well meaning they try to be.

I am the wife, daughter, sister and aunt of active duty personnel and veterans.

I am very proud of that.

Hopefully , whatever way you choose to celebrate the holiday or not if that is what floats your boat , is your business and one of the things that we are celebrating..the freedom to choose for ourselves.

If we can't be anything else, let's at least be respectful of others and realize that hectoring someone over this or any other topic for that matter is just not appropriate.

We were raised better than that after all.

Have a safe holiday, no matter how you choose to celebrate it ...or not for that matter.


Carry on.

Ciao,

Aunty Pol

1 comment:

kleinwort said...

Amen, hon!