Friday, April 02, 2010

Bruce Of The Day ~ Happy Friday ~


Happy Good Friday Y'all.
There is something that I feel a need to vent about..so bear with me.
I was raised by two parents who tried , and more often than not failed, when I was young to instill certain modes of behavior in me.
One in particular was " It's not what you say but the way you say it."
All well and good.
As an adult , I do sincerely try to be mindful of this and embrace it.
Partially because of the nature of my position at the office.
Partially as an attempt to embrace civility.
Partially because I can still at the age of 55 hear my late parents voices in my head....yeah...I know...scary/sad but true.
It just amazes me how a simple statement , sans attitude can be taken so amiss.
Bear in mind that I am not exactly proud of the fact that I have a mouth like a sailor on shore leave.
And there is often a disconnect between the brain and the orifice.
And I have a considerable temper.
And I do not suffer fools.
Egad, " Confessions R Us ".
Here are just two examples.
A few years ago, we went to go see family out of state. They had /have a young child and I made the remark to them that I was " going to be careful."
I assumed they knew that to mean my language around their child.
They know my love of any 4 letter word.
SU will tell you that I am always on his ass ( see....that word just wrote itself.) about his language around children.
The phrase " Going to be careful " was assumed to mean my consumption of alcohol.
As a child of alcoholics , I have had issues with demon rum or bourbon or vodka...you get my drift....and I am aware of my own issues.
I would not and never have gotten trashed around a child.
Period.
They made a judgement that I should have corrected and never did.
It is what it is.
They are my family and I love them.
They will think of me what they will.
I cannot change that.
The other example that just grinds my ass ( see ..there it is again,.....Dammit) is courtesy of one of the entitled princess poo poos at the office.
Poo Poo got a 'tude with me when I told her that when she books a conf. room that for a meeting that has special needs ( snerk) that she really needs to let me know so that I can accommodate the need.
Her answer was ..." Sorry to bother you."
WHAT THE FUCK ???
Poo Poo....
First of all....I am your elder.
Do NOT go there with me.
I used a pleasant tone with you and smiled.
I've got your number Poo Poo......but unlike you, I will be pleasant and mindful of not only what I say but how I say it.
See Mom ?
See Daddy ?
I did listen.
Have a wonderful holiday...I have 2 bathrooms to tidy so..yeah...huzzah for the day off.
Now where the hell is MY chocolate bunny ?
Ciao,
Aunty Pol

3 comments:

HubbleSpacePaws said...

You? Temper? Language? Idiot intolerant? Really?

Grind our gut or not, we've no control over folk's interpretations.

What's the old adage? For those who know (understand/love) you, no explanation is required, for those who don't, none will suffice.

Aunty Pol said...

Girl,

Thank you for the tubular hug. I liked the adage so much....look right under the Aunty Pol Header.

Hugs

kleinwort said...

((((Aunty))))
You are welcome! Know that you brighten my days, honey!