Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The End Of An Era


Rest In Peace Mrs. Post.


http://www.today.msnbc.msn.com/id/36803285/?GT1=43001


Anyone who knows me knows that I am known for being able to put the arc in Snark. Anyone who reads this blog is assured of that. For that I do not apologize for it is who and what I am .


And yet, it is with sadness that I saw the above on MSNBC's home page.


Yes...I sincerely believe that manners matter , now more than ever.


Being kind, gracious and thoughtful seem more often than not to have gone by the wayside and I am not referring to the calling card white glove wearing days that have gone by.


Putting another person at ease, not causing distress and taking a genuine interest in another's point of view....whether you agree with it or not is what I believe is an essential part of good manners.


I am to try to work on it every day and the older I get the more I not only see a need for it but improvement on my behavior.


Essentially it boils down to being treated as we all would like and to do our best not to hurt anyone else


On that note..I need to dash off a thank you note to the Step Mother for my birthday gift...


Good manners do count.


Ciao,

Aunty Pol

2 comments:

HubbleSpacePaws said...

Amen, honey! RIP, Mrs. P.

one of all said...

thanks for writing this nice post!
GOOD JOB!!!
have you read our new post??
waiting for your comments