Monday, January 24, 2011

And Its Not Even 10 A.M. In The Morning


Ok...Why ?
Why oh why did we gather all of the stupid people in one place ?
I work in the lobby of our office on the 14'th floor. I have a ginormous desk built along the lines of the USS Enterprise..Sushi Bar and all. I also have walls, doors, windows and marble floors , you know , the usual components that make up a BIG ASS SQUARE BOX also known as a building.
I just got a call from one of the overworked and woefully underpaid legal assistants ( old school = secretary ) who asked the following.
Ring Ring
Me: Reception
Her: " Aunty Pol...Can you tell me..Is there no one at the desk on 13 ? I've called there a few times and it's just rang and rang and rang for 5 or 6 times and no one picks up. "
Me: " No, I cannot tell you whether someone is at the desk on 13."
Her : Well, who should be there ?"
Me : " Well...thus and such or so and so or this one or that one...but NO, I cannot tell you who is supposed to be sitting there today...."
BECAUSE I LEFT MY X-RAY GLASSES ON THE NIGHTSTAND AT HOME YOU DIMWIT !
Since , to my ever lasting chagrin, I am not endowed with superpowers , I cannot see though..you know....solid, opaque , filled in objects possessing among other things...density...SO HOW DO I SEE THROUGH MARBLE ??????????
Sigh, and it's only 10:22 a.m. CST.
Ciao,
Aunty Pol

No comments: