Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Perspective

I've been working very hard lately at keeping things in perspective.

Unfortunately, there are some situations in my life that are rather graphic examples of this but I am not going to go into any sort of details really, for two of them it is their story and not mine to tell.


On the one hand, both of my godsons have new career opportunities that are wonderful for them and I couldn't be prouder of them. they have worked very hard to get to this point, and it seems that the stars lined up for them. This makes me happy.

On the other hand, one of the ladies in my immediate life is dealing with breast cancer and has begun the hell on earth that is chemotherapy. She knows that she has our full and complete support , but again , this is her journey. I am just a cheerleader.

Ofter the paths that we take are of our own choosing. This can go either way and the hard part is knowing the difference. It depends on your perspective . Some of us are clueless, never accepting that the situation that we find ourselves in is of our own making and it will come back to bite us in the end. If you know someone like this, the hard part is to let it play out.Their choice after all.


My life is pretty good right now, home issues ( house ) aside. We have our health, a roof over our heads, jobs, happy pets, food , friends, dear family and enough food to eat every day .

The phrase " Count Your Blessings" may be cliche, it is in my opinion my the way , but as I look around my life, I do count them .

It could have so easily gone the other way.


Have a great week.



Ciao,

Aunty Pol

1 comment:

HubbleSpacePaws said...

Just hugs, honey, just hugs. Life. It's the only one we've got.

And now off to catch up.