Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Erin's Food Files » Chewy Oatmeal Fudge Bars






Okay..it's lunch time more or less but I don't get to get away from my desk until about 1:30.

I actually prefer this because the courtyard and or tunnel is not crowded and I can have an hour or so to read and blessed peace and quiet.

Tunnel ?

Yes, one of the more unique things about the area of downtown Houston where I work is the network of below grown tunnels that connect a lot of the buildings. They do host a variety of shops and eateries and because they are downtown can be a bit on the pricey side but then hells bells..what isn't nowadays .


So here I am hungry.

So of course , I have to check out the blogs that I follow and one blog mentioned Erin's Food Files...so off I went.


I have been craving the oatmeal and date bars that my late mother used to make, sort of like a softer sort of Fig Newtons but with more dates . And have you seen the price of dates..actual dates lately ??? !!!! ?????


Now, this is not the sort of thing that SU would be likely to go for in the same way I adore gingerbread and him...not so much.


And there it was...Chewy Oatmeal Fudge Bars.


The perfect compromise.


Go check out the newest addition to the blogs that I follow...


Oh crap..Taste of Home just sent me an e mail alert for easy molasses sticky buns.


Damn you Kroger..you better start restocking Brer Rabbit..Grandmas brand is just not the same..I mean..I'm sure she was a sweet old gal and all that , but in my house it's Brer Rabbit or nothing.


Ciao,


Aunty Pol

No comments: