Monday, January 30, 2012

Happy Monday ~ It's National Croissant Day ~ !




My Monday , ( which has not been a bad one per se since my back has decided not to cause me further anguish ) , has gotten a whole lot better since it's " National Croissant Day".




As usual, Janet over at " Dying for Chocolate hit it on the head so go slap Mr. Linky.








There used to be the best place over in the Galleria here in town that was the BEST PLACE EVER to get Chocolate Croissants, with the GOOD chocolate. It was over by the Magic Pan ( OMG..the crepes..but that's another story ) and even though it's been closed for over 20 years..both establishments come to think of it......my mind is wandering...to this day, I remember those Croissants.




It's like SU remembering the Chicken Fried Steak at Dirty's on Shepard ( the original ) . It is his benchmark for chicken fried steak..and he misses it to this day.




Have a great week.




Ciao,




Aunty Pol

1 comment:

HubbleSpacePaws said...

Oh, dear. I haven't had a good Croissant since... well, too dang long. I should have read this earlier in the day so I could go celebrate by finding a venue.

And, yeah, the Magic Pan. Remember it fondly. The local one did a Coquilles St. Jacques crepe that was awesome. Great quality scallops and yummy mushroom/shallot sauce.