Wednesday, January 11, 2012

This One Actually Made My Jaw Drop.



I had the oddest experience yesterday.


I mean really, jaw dropping stunned deer in the headlights, WTF ??


A young man who works for the courier service we use came by to pick up a filing with a file stamp return..this being the easiest of all jobs to do that there is.

My cats could do it.

Ayhoo..

As he is making the return ( and I am hoping he gets THIS right because he gets defensive when I call him out on some stuff and you have to be blunt with this dude..worse than Carl the Wonder Poodle even) ..he asks me...sincerely....


" How do you pronounce your first name ?"


WHUT ?


Lather , rinse, repeat.


Um..Dude..Dude...Dude....


My first name is JANE.


How hard is that ?


Not Jah Ne, J'Ane, Jan E


JANE.


My late father wanted to name me after his father but was shot down...I'm not really a Paula type.


Now, personally I blame celebutards like Bouncy and Goop who name their spawn Blue Ivy and Apple and what not. I fully remember years ago when Frank Zappa named his kid Moon Unit. Even friggan Ozzy's kids have normal names.


What is wrong with you people ?


Do you think that giving your spawn a unique name will fill them with the self esteem they lack because they are being raised by nannies and staff ? Regardless of whether they go to public or private schools , do you think that your cache will armor them from the guaranteed beat downs and bullying they are going to get because you laid that shit on them ?


Really ?


I have endured all of the Tarzan jokes ever told, ditto Jane Doe and plain Jane remarks and guess what..big whoop.


At least I know how to pronounce it .


Ciao,


Aunty Pol aka JANE

No comments: