Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Sweet and Tangy Lemon Curd






Slap Mr. Linky to go over to the original post..she rocks by the way .



I saw this over at coupon clipping cook and realized that it was probably the easiest and clearest direction I've seen yet to making lemon curd. I am sure the same process could apply to orange curd, and me being me was thinking as I read..." Save the rinds to throw down the disposal to freshen it up..! "




Every once and a while , I see a recipe calling for lemon curd, usually as a filling layer for cakes or as a part/substitute for icing on cupcakes....yum.


Or I see it in the KA ( King Arthur ) catalog.




And I think, because I am sorta insane.." What a neat Christmas gift " idea.




Because we've just gotten through the holidays ya know .




You have to understand, every few years and this appears to be one of them , I get these scathingly brilliant ( name that movie) ideas to get a jump on it all, to be creative, to channel Martha Friggan Stewart , Betty Crocker or Dudley DoRight .




I suspect that this is the year that I will be able to think of the holidays again and not associate them with the passing of my father ...and now Andy ...




I want to get one of those clear Sterlite jobbes and put the gift bags and crap, the holiday cards and stuff that is on sale now it in so it is organized.


I'd also like to be able to keep my purse (s) cleaned out , tidy and organized.


And I want a pony ...and sprinkles.....




Stranger things have happened.




I'll let you know over the course of 2012 ( still sounds weird...hell 2000 was freaky enough) ..how things progress..




Ciao,




Aunty Pol

No comments: