Monday, March 19, 2012

Glorious Treats: Pretty Spring Cake {Vanilla Cake with Lemon Fillin...





Glorious Treats: Pretty Spring Cake {Vanilla Cake with Lemon Fillin...: Spring comes early here in California, and with tulips and daffodils blooming all around our neighborhood, I was ready for a little spring...

It's gray and cloudy and windy and icky and dagnabbit..Monday !
Lady Lisa is going to kill me for loading up another fat bomb here , but what the hell. I am sure that she will be retaliating soon ( Mwahahahah) so alls fair in love and frosting....and cake....and oh my.

The thing I like about this post over on Glorious Treats is the fact that she shows you in a very simple way how to do the petal effect on a cake .


And she provided the link to My Cake School which is the top link....more easy peasy steps on producing petals....or DRAGON SCALES...lmao.
More often than not, a lot of the very pretty techniques in baking are just outside our comfort enough that the idea of even trying , much less thinking it will be okay is not even considered.
I read the recipe and the links and thought, " I bet I can do that , that might just be a hoot and then some.
And I love lemon.
And turning the pastry bag inside out after the frosting is all applied to the cake to get the excess frosting out of the bag..and I admit it freely.

If your day is dreary, save the picture as your screen saver, it might cheer you up and it's not like you have to marry it ...unless you want to that is.

Ciao,
Aunty Pol

1 comment:

kleinwort said...

Yes, you should die now, wicked woman. Lemon curd. Me, a bowl of it and a spoon. Happiness.

But I've decided you can live 'cause of the dragon scale comment. ;-D