Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Happy Absinthe Day





I had to come back and edit this because I forgot to mention that I got this picture from Janet's blog and that you can boop Mr. Linky for the full article....I'm a bad blogger !




Other than the color being akin to day glow green and the use of wormwood, I know zip about Absinthe.


That being said, what I love about this picture is the art of it .


I love the period.


I especially love Theophile Steinlin.


I started collecting Belle Epoch earrings a few years ago via Etsy and go back weekly to see what is available. I am not much of a necklace wearer and the bracelets that I do wear have to be in the cute/cheap category because I am hard as hell on real gold bracelets.
Trust me, I have more than a couple set aside to sell.


It's like my love of Steampunk.


And Arthur Conan Doyle .


And Jules Verne.


It's the love of the idea of the changes that a new century brings.


And..Steampunk just effin ROCKS.




Ciao,


Aunty Pol

No comments: