Friday, July 13, 2012

7-Up Bundt Cake ~ Sort Of

http://www.mybakingaddiction.com/7up-pound-cake/

My gal pal Lydia introduced me to the best Orange Soda on the planet, knowing that I do still love Orange Crush . It's carried in one eatery downtown and is made by a company called Jackson Hole Soda. I assume that it is in Wyoming and have tried all day in vain, vain I tell you to find out where else it is carried. I suspect that Specs down the street may be the place to try because as far as I can tell, Specs is still the largest retail liquor store in the country....all hail the wall o beer ! Some one has to carry it to supply the eatery..called Cowboy Soup by the way.

Anyhoo, as luck would have it, I had gotten the daily e mail from my baking addiction and read about this 7 up recipe. Now this is a staple at many a southern gathering but I had never made one ...and when I read about the possibility of using orange soda in place of the 7 Up and then Lydia brought me back a bottle...

It was meant to be.

Nothing, and I mean nothing beats a good pound cake.

Next up..Bruce of the day.

Have a great weekend.

Ciao,
Aunty Pol

No comments: