Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Vintage Christmas Cards



It may be just me , but every year when it occurs to me that we need to buy Christmas cards , I do one of two things.

I either in a burst of rare pre planning go to Barnes and Noble to pour over the table of cards, trying to pick out ones that we both like and I don't hate.

And I get another box of the slightly or not so slightly twisted ones for my closest and completely insane partners in crime....you know who you are.


Or


I go at the last minute to Walgreens to get some last minute thing and go " Oh Shite" as I make my way to the check out .

Slim pickins at best and oh dear Gaia...what can I say..


Why can't they make cards like the ones above anymore ?

Simple, elegant, non vomit inducing ones that convey a general message of good will and cheer ?


Let's not even talk about the left overs that are on sale after Christmas...


Sigh.


Ciao,


Aunty Pol



No comments: