Friday, July 19, 2013

Happy Friday ~ Bruce Of The Day ~ !

Happy Friday !

It's been an interesting week.
We fired our Vet this week.
Yeah , I trumped their sorry asses.

Loki has lost a bit of weight and is throwing up more often..or at least it seems that way to me. I have been keeping an eye on him and he is mourning Xena so I naturally called Banfield at Petsmart.

It took me 2 hours to get through .

They are all booked up for the next 2 Saturdays so August 3'rd was the first opening.

All was fine until the biotch pulled up Loki's records and saw that he had not been in for a long time...10 years or more.

Ummm..he hasn't been sick.

He is an indoor boy, going out means that he is in a PTU on his way to the vet.


Miss Congeniality is acting as if I am not only the worst parent in the world, her attitude is such that I am doing an " Island Of Dr. Moreau " on my children.

I am still getting attitude over the phone  as I describle what the problems are  , so I ask Miss Congeniality to pull up Xena's records. I tell her to look at them . She can plainly see that we averaged 2 to 3 times a month over the last 3 1/2 years trying to manage my baby's illness. I then told Miss Congeniality to look at the amount of money that we had spent on Xena.


Clearly, we are engaged full on involved parents.
I told Miss Congeniality that I would keep an eye on Loki but if something dire arose..like him vomiting blood..oh well then she replied that of  course we could bring him in and they would work us in but we were aware that we would have to wait ?

Bitch..you crossed the line.

So I e mail Jere and ask of Dr. Tom is accepting new patients. Jere and Cindy have raved for years about their Vet..Dr. Tom. So Jere Lee sends me Dr. Tom's website.

It's wonderful.

His staff bring their own pets to work with them, the website is warm and engaging and gave me a really good gut feeling..so I called.

Loki has a 12:30 tomorrow.

Dr. Tom is a private vet, and I recognize that it will cost more , but by Bast, if I wouldn't take that attitude from my own doctor, why the hell should I take it on my son's behalf ?

And on the upside , at last glance the IBKC has raised over $106,000.00 for the Tacoma Pierce County HS....

I am so happy to have been a small part of this.

I'll post the update on Loki and Dr. Tom as soon as I can.

Have a great weekend.

Ciao,
Aunty Pol

1 comment:

kleinwort said...

Hope the appointment today went really well. Your babes have the best of parents and they deserve the best doc, too!

Just a thought, you might want to let Banfield know they lost a long time client via Miss Congeniality.

Hugs and purrayers comin' to you and Loki from B'more, hon!

And rock on IBKC!!

(PS - The captcha word today is "autiPol." That gave me a big smile!)