Thursday, July 25, 2013

Oh Lordy..And I Have Fresh Rosemary Growing On The Patio ~ It's Baked Shrimp TIme At The Casa !



6 fresh thyme sprigs

3 large fresh rosemary sprigs, halved

Freshly ground black pepper

1-1/2 lb. extra-large shrimp (26 to 30 per lb.), preferably wild, peeled and deveined

1-1/2 Tbs. white wine vinegar

Kosher salt

Position a rack in the center of the oven and heat the oven to 400°F.



Pour the oil into a 9x13-inch baking dish. Add the thyme, rosemary, and 1 tsp. pepper and bake until the oil mixture is fragrant, about 12 minutes.



Add the shrimp to the dish and toss with tongs until coated. Bake the shrimp until pink and firm, 8 to 10 minutes.



Add the vinegar and 1/2 tsp. salt, toss well, and let rest at room temperature until the oil cools slightly, about 5 minutes. Discard the herbs (if you choose) and serve.





Other than  the fact that down here a head count of 25 to 30 shrimp per pound isn't considered " large size", this looks great. I think that a salad , hot bread to grab all the yummy oils and so on and wine might just constitute the perfect summer meal.

I am still in my avoidance mode regarding the kitchen because it's hotter than hell right now , but 400 degrees for only a few minutes is do-able . . As I look out the office window, you'd almost swear that we were in LaLa land, the ozone is so badly built up that it looks like smog. I guess I'l be rocking the sinus meds at bedtime..le sigh.

As for Loki....After I remembered that my boy loves his Num Num ( Petromalt) , I realized that I could wrap Petromalt around his pill and he would scarf it down. The liquid meds are more problematic...Le Sigh. What's a few more scars....yes, I know we need to " Burrito " the boy , it's catching his wirey ass that is the hassle.I could have stock in Johnson and Johnson by this point.


Have a good Friday !

Ciao,
Aunty Pol

1 comment:

kleinwort said...

My garden overrunneth with rosemary and thyme! Guess what I'm going to make for brother-in-law's celebration dinner next weekend??? OK this and steamed crabs! Thanks, honey!

(Mark is now the Director of Engineering for the Port of Baltimore! I'm so proud of him!)

Check on the burrito move. Buddy boy figured out if he stiffened his legs and held them out, I couldn't burrito him. I was looking at my arm in the sun today and can still see the scars he inflicted when I tried. As you would say, le sigh.