Thursday, June 09, 2011

Lemon Shortbread Cookies with Lemon Glaze

This beautiful photo is by Jane , author and creator of The Heritage Cooks.

Commence drooling.


I love http://www.theheritagecook.com/.


Go to the link below for the recipe and variations.





Lemon Shortbread Cookies with Lemon Glaze








I love lemon.





I love the smell of real lemons, the color of lemons, using lemons in cooking and baking and slicing them for water and finding a good lemon scented candle.





I also love shortbread cookies and have to force myself to step away from them at Sams during the holidays when they have a ton of those Dansk tins.....especially the little square cookies that have pearl sugar on them and a hint of cocoanut.





MY TIN....MINE !





Both SU and I love to bake cookies, but we usually only do the drop style.





Why you ask...and I know you are..





Because I have a galley style kitchen about the size of Deb's over at Smitten kitchen and there is 0 as in zero counter space to roll out dough of any kind.





It is the only real thing I hate about the house...well that and no linen closet but what the hell, the house is paid for .





I subscribe to Heritage Cooks and get e mail updates so I opened the one dated today and saw the drop dead georgous picture and thought to my self...you have to go check this out.





Scrolling down I saw as I suspected that this was yet another recipe for a rolled out and cut cookie.





Well crap says I, but I press on through the entire recipe and God bless her, she included instructions to roll the dough into a roll and how to bake them as slice and bake.





I am now smiling because someone out there realized that some folks have limitations and need variations.





Go check it out.





Ciao,





Aunty Pol

No comments: