Monday, July 19, 2010

Creamsicles For Young and Old


I love Creamsicles..in all shapes and formats.
Souffle Bombay had this recipe for Creamsicle Cupcakes on her blog and I have to try this one out...then....me being me , I found an adult beverage version of the same.
Enjoy !
Creamsicle Cupcakes By Maria Galan, Winner from the Bucks County Courrier Times Newspaper.
1 Box Vanilla Cake Mix ( I use Duncan Hines)
1 3oz. Box Orange Flavored Jello
1 tsp. orange flavor extract
1 1/4 cup Minute Maid Orange Aid ( not Orange juice)
1/3 cup oil
3 eggs
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
In a mixing bowl, combine the orange jello powder, orange extract and orange aid, add the cake mix and blend until well combined .Add the oil and eggs and blend .
Pour into prepared cupcake pan....I assume liners are used tho it is not mentioned .
Bake for 20 - 25 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
Ice with vanilla icing when completely cooled.
Note: I did see that either one of the big 3 cake mix makers has also come out with a buttercream icing in the white buckety thing which might be nice, and I am perplexed about the specification about using orange aid and not orange juice so once I can source the orange aid I'm giving this bad boy a shot .
Now for the good stuff :
Creamsicles for the Grownups
Fill a mixing cup halfway with ice cubes.
Add :
1/2 oz. vodka or orange flavored vodka ( I use Gordons orange flavored vodka)
1/2 oz. triple sec
1 oz. orange juice
1 oz .cream
Mix/shake all ingredients together and strain into a class .
Note: if you use vanilla ice cream in place of the ice cubes and 1 oz. cream ~ Voila
A Dreamsicle.
Hey..it's a serving of fruit ( juice ) either way.
Ciao,
Aunty Pol

1 comment:

HubbleSpacePaws said...

This is too weird!!

I am scarffing down a Creamsicle Yoplait (OK, "Orange Creme" but there's a pic of a Creamsicle on it, so it counts) before bed so the antibiotic I'm on ('cause little Tony chewed the crap out of my hand the day I got him) doesn't do the nasty to my innards and thinking, "Sheesh, I haven't checked on Aunty."

And what do I find?!

Bet yours tastes better. ;-)