Sunday, August 16, 2009

Well.....Damn !


Here I am....a tad bit po'd at myself because I didn't take the thrice damn'd chicken out to thaw last night...who knew that a chicken taken out of the outside freezer at 9: 30 would still be partially frozen at 4 pm ?
Not I..!!!!!
Anyhoo......other than that, been a nice weekend .
No..no rain..sigh.
He worked half a day so I was able to get the laundry done, mop , hoover etc...better that than going to Kroger.
He said it was insane...no buggy's to be had, people grabbing them as soon as the previous user had all their crap on the belt....sounded a lot like the commissary on the first of the month..LOL. Even with the sale and the $29.00 worth of coupons , we still spent $211.00 which is a lot for us , but a lot of what he can eat is a challenge that costs more than usual...I hope Kroger sees the wisdom of doing this every so often . Doubling the face value of any coupon from 40 cents up to a dollar face value adds up and Hubs gets the whole coupon thing....it took a while but it is now pure requirement for a grocery run. He did have to go to Sams for one or two things and came home with an excellent watermelon for $5.00. Hey L..shades of Jimmers wedding and melon ballers...yep...we did that...I don't know if he knew why I was snickering..LMAO.
I am not looking forward to the next 10 days at the office as we are short staffed, but it is no where near as bad as it is for NG # 1..she is averaging 14 hour days right now, I don't know how she does it , but like most of us knows what needs to be done and just does it.
We watched Nicholas Cages movie.." Knowing"...uber weird...I thought good , Hubs was more of the " Weird" mode..
Have a great week.
Ciao,
Aunty Pol

2 comments:

kleinwort said...

Fingers crossed it's a week of relative sanity, Aunty!

Nancy1340 said...

If you put a frozen chicken in a pot of COLD water it will thaw out faster than just out in the open. Who knew? LOL