Monday, March 18, 2013

Night Owls And Not Enough ZZZZZZZZZZ's

I have to admit this whole process has been an adventure and by that I do not mean scuba diving in Oz . I am thinking more along the lines of having to deal with the various calamities that have affected some Cruise lines lately.

NOTE : Let me make this perfectly clear. I am in no way equating my journey through the Land Of " Pol Needs A Valium or Run For The Hills If You have Any Sense At All.." to the recent and just flat out awful experiences that those poor folks have had to endure on what is most likely dream vacation. That is the same as comparing the Titanic to the SS Minow . I am talking about the part where you naively expect one thing and get much the other.

It's been 40 years since I have had wood floors on a regular basis .
Read that last bit again.

FORTY YEARS.

Id' forgotten about sound.

Carpet buffers sound.

Glass and wood do not .

Sistah..remember how Doty always bitched about the amplification of sound with all of the glass in the old offices..yeah...LMAO ...And yet she chose glass walls for her habitrail. Virgie and I always thought it was so she could snoop on us .

Anyhoo...I am still struggling to sleep. I am  taking unisom again and know when to drop the hit so that I can crash to get enough sleep. I am also having sinus problems due to pollen and dust. And Loki us being very needy...constantly walking over the top of me..like he's on sentry duty at the border....and SU decided to put the square headed girlfriend back together regardless of the fact that it will have tro be taken apart again and the den is right across the hall from the master and every MF"G time he moves or repositions the chair in any fashion or to any degree I hear the chair against the wood and ;

IT WAKES MY SLEEP DEPRIVED ASS UP AND I STRUGGLE TO GO BACK TO SLEEP BECAUSE NOW LOKI IS BOUNCING ON THE BED .

Honey, I know you are a night owl and you doze on the sofa between 8 and 10 pm  so you wake up and this was not a problem before because you used headphones while you were on the pc in the den and we had the old mat and carpet and we know that we need a new  mat for the chair .....BUT :

A SMOOTH MAT WILL ONLY PRODUCE THE CHAIR ON PLASTIC MAT ON TOP OF WOOD SOUNDS THAT WILL WAKE MY SLEEP DEPRIVED ASS UP AND I AM BUYING A RUG FOR THE DEN TO PUT UNDER SAID MAT ON TOP OF THE WOOD TO DEADEN THE SOUND BUT MOST LIKELY NOT TIL THE END OF THE WEEK SO THERE IS A NEW RULE :

HENCEFORTH : THERE WILL BE NO PC TIME FOR ANY ADULT WITH THUMBS BETWEEN THE HOURS OF 11 PM AND 5 AM ON A SCHOOL NIGHT UNTIL I GET SOME SLEEP, THE RUGS IN THE HALLWAY ARE BACK AND THERE IS A RUG IN THE DEN. I WAKE UP, THEN LOKI WAKES UP AND IT TAKES HALF AN HOUR TO GET HIM CALM BECAUSE HIS CHEESE IS STILL MOVING AND THEN HE GETS BOSHI GOING .

THIS IS NOT NEGOTIABLE.

IF YOU CAN'T SLEEP READ A DAMN BOOK OR WATCH TV.

It won't be for very long and we will buy an area rug to help deaden the area but please, I really need to be able to get SOME sleep.

This content has been edited so I don't blow a gasket...trust me..it really has.

Ciao,
Aunty Pol

No comments: