Monday, August 15, 2011

Lumiere Brushes ~ The BEST On The Entire Planet And On Pre-Buy Sale Even !











Happy Monday everyone.






Please check out this website:












Let me begin by saying that I am in no way associated with this company other than as a repeat customer and I am not being compensated in any fashion by them.






Anyone who knows me knows that I am blessed with an active shopping gene and a husband who knows I have said gene. Luckily for me, SU loves to shop too so it has worked out well for over 20 years.






While I have been known to blather on about " I want this or that , or MUST POSSESS this or that ", as a general rule I do not push my choices at anyone. True, I will strongly and highly recommend something if I use the product already or get a helluva deal..till now.






I am a huge fan of mineral makeup. I have used nothing else for well over 10 years now and have all sorts of brands hidden away like little nuggets of gold...or acorns.Don't laugh , you try to find a matte finish eyeshadow nowadays...when you do it is more than likely that the company will go cease and you are be fret of selection. There are a lot of good lines out there and I buy a lot on Etsy, but makeup itself is such a personal choice , it's like picking out a favorite child or pet..to each their own.






But..brushes...that's another story.






Some gals spend as little as possible on brushes and that is cool. I prefer to buy brushes that I can use over a period of time and can wash .






Yes..I wash mine every week in a clarifying shampoo ( Suave) and dry them out on towels. At the age of 56, I am still cursed or blessed with an oily t-zone. Blotting papers ( Elf is the cheapest btw) and Laura Gellers Matte Maker Invisible Oil Blotting powder are my crutches. I wash my brushes as a matter of sanitation and the simple fact that ANY makeup will build up and gunk up and that is just nasty.






I still have and use my original BE ( Bare Escentuals ) brushes but I have found over the years that with age and use , they shed.






Now the top photo is of my ALL time favorite ( gonna be buried with it )brush..the flat top kabuki. It's non scratchy, a dream to clean, HOLDS it's shape....have you ever had a brush that you washed and the bristles decide to act like they got a bad perm ? Yeah..me too , but this is not the case here. It and the other photo, the long handled kabuki are priced at $6.55 each (regularly $19.00 each ).






TRUST your Aunty Pol here...they are worth every penny.






And I want the travel set too , but first things first.






Rarely, there are weeks when life just gets in the way and the weekly washy falls to the curb. The minute I got the e mail that the annual sale was starting, I decided to at least get a duplicate or 2 of my favorites so that I always have a clean brush to use.






The older I have gotten, the better care I am taking of my skin ( too little too late..yes Mother...I KNOW !) and it makes a difference.






You should read all of the sale guidelines, they are detailed but very fair. You see they place a massive order to get these sale prices and it takes 2 months or so before you receive them..but they are a wonderful company and completely the real deal..no gimmicks or switcheroo's .






Just saying.....






Off to order !






Wheee !






Have a great week.






Ciao,






Aunty Pol







No comments: